Facebook

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Carley & Theodore | Saratoga, Ca | March 2010

This past weekend I had the chance to flex my event manager skills. One of my best friends got married to a wonderful man who loves her dearly, and I got to play not only floral and event designer, but event manager at their reception. Oh man, it was a lot of work, but it was so worth it.

Amazing photographer Michael Buchanan (www.mbb-photo.com) joined me in my efforts, and in no time at all, he had some photos for me to show off. Mike has a great eye for detail, and the work that I have seen come from his portfolio previously, made it entirely clear that he needed to be part of shooting this wedding.



The Entryway Centerpiece that was my pride and joy


Gotta Love the lighting in this church!


These flower girls were sooo sweet! The littlest one was cute as a button. I guess their kissing balls were too big for them, as they are clutching them like they weigh a ton!!


The Communion Table Arrangement


CAKE!!!!!


Who doesn't love Cymbidium Orchids? I had to go to three suppliers to get these, but since Carley REALLY wanted them, nothing would stop me from finding them, and making my bride happy!


Courtney at work. Delivering flowers for the bridal party, and family members is the second most favorite part of the wedding day. The first? Seeing the bride's reaction to her bouquet, and/or event decor.


The couple of the day! While I'm not sure what they are looking at, I had to post a picture of the bridal bouquet and grooms' boutonnière.


The Amazing HUGE wedding party. This is by far the most people I have done personal flowers for. But what can I say, Carley is quite the popular girl, and who wouldn't want to help this genuinely sweet gal on her wedding day?


Two of my favorite photos from the Grand Entrance at the reception.


Now this was cool. Carely wanted to make sure everyone had a chance at catching the bouquet during the bouquet toss. Rather than throwing just one bouquet, why not throw several? What a surprise as the bouquet broke into smaller pieces in the air, and several of the ladies had a chance at being "NEXT". Mu-ha-ha-haaa!!! More wedding floral design!


To Carely and Theodore. You are an amazing couple, and I wish you nothing but the best. Thank you so much for including me on your special day, as I'll cherish these memories forever.

Love
Courtney Marie



1 comment:

  1. Um... your entry way piece is I.N.S.A.N.E. It has a very "old South" charm- gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. I want one. Not sure what I'd do with it, but holy cow - left me speechless. And Carley looks so happy! A huge congratulations to her!

    ReplyDelete