Facebook

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cynthia & Nathan | San Francisco | May 2011




It's been awhile since I posted anything, and I'm truly feeling guilty about my neglect right now. But all things are worth the wait right?

_______

Cynthia and Nathan wed on a Sunday afternoon in the middle of May, at the Julia Morgan Ballroom in SF. When I first starting working with them, I had no idea (and they likely didn't either) that this would turn out to be the day of Bay-To-Breakers 2011... One of the craziest, most out of control races across a city. For this mid-western couple, that could have meant a serious influx of people, sold out hotels, and limited vendor availability. That's enough to drive any soon-to-be newlyweds up the wall with stress, but Nathan and Cynthia handled it the exact opposite way. In my several years of wedding floral design, I don't think I've ever met a more calm and collected couple who knew exactly what they wanted, and who knew exactly what to do.


Cynthia grew up in SF, and these two love birds set out to plan a destination wedding a few thousand miles away. The couple reached out to me after a recommendation from totally rad, and talented photographer Anna Wu, from Anna Wu Photography. Honored, and completely excited, I feverishly began working on ideas for their wedding while traveling through Southern California, and Vegas for a business trip. Cynthia and Nathan presented me with a challenge;

A Chuppah!

I'd never had the opportunity to be part of cultural ceremony (for flowers only), and I was elated that they thought I might be fit for the job. How'd it go? See for yourself below....






Part Floral Designer, part carpenter.... Yes, I built this myself. The door guy had little faith in me, but with a little muscle, and a lot of time, my helper and I got this Chuppah built well before our deadline!





Cynthia. My incredibly elegant, beautiful, and wonderfully amazing bride striking a pose in her bridal suite!





One day when I have a daughter, I imagine an adorable blonde girl like her... She was just SOOO Freakin' CUTE!!










These centerpieces remind me of bubble gum!






Recycling chic at it's best. The Chuppah pieces were taken down and place on the head table. Pst.. Brides. You too can save with this simple trick. Be sure to ask your floral designer!!



Congrats you two love birds! I wish you all the best in your new life together!


1 comment:

  1. Dude, I seriously hope we can work together again soon. The arrangements are awesome!

    ReplyDelete